As the National Film Office, we believe in the relevance of reducing the negative socio-environmental impact of audiovisual productions. We are committed to the sustainable transformation of our industry and the promotion of environmentally and territorially friendly practices in the production processes of audiovisual projects developed in Colombia.
We have as general objectives in our strategy
- To raise awareness among producers and film crews about the benefits of recycling practices and incorporating sustainable and reusable materials in the constructions needed within the productions.
- To encourage environmentally friendly practices of separation and waste collection produced by audiovisual teams by fostering alliances with networks of recyclers and compost producers.
- To promote reusable bottles and containers to reduce the use of disposable food and beverage containers.
- To support the reduction of the use of fossil fuels in filming, encouraging the use of bicycles and clean energies.
- To highlight audiovisual projects that are examples of sustainable filming in Colombia.
In addition to these objectives, we compiled some tips in our MANUAL OF BEST PRACTICES and are currently developing a new material that informs the reality of the environmental impact of current production practices and the benefits of incorporation green practices in the national audiovisual industry.
While we move forward with this project, we want to share this compilation made by Madrid Film Office with some resources developed by various entities of the international audiovisual sector around the so-called “Green Production” or “Green Shooting”.