The Ministry of Foreign Affairs grants a courtesy type V visa for foreign artistic, technical, and production personnel entering the country for the purpose of developing foreign audiovisual projects.
To apply for this visa, you must first process the document that certifies that your production is a foreign project, as follows:
- If your project is a cinematographic work (feature film or short film) you must request the Authorization to shoot in national territory, issued by the Ministry of Culture, by sending these documents to the following e-mail addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- If your project is an audiovisual format other than a cinematographic work (series, music videos, video games, among others), you must request the Certification of foreign audiovisual work, issued by the Colombian Film Commission, following the instructions in the link.
Once you have this document, you may apply for the courtesy type V Visa.
You can also apply for visas through the Colombian Film Commission, accessing the following benefits:
- Review of all your documents
- Interlocution with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Application management
- Fast processing
Review the costs and steps to apply for a courtesy type V Visa with the Proimágenes Colombia’s Film Commission.
- Keep in mind that if the foreign personnel is hired by a Colombian company, it is not eligible for the courtesy type V visa application.
- Your visa will be issued for the time you have requested. However, you should be aware that if the visa is valid for more than 90 days, you must apply for a foreigner’s identification card in Colombia.
- Please note that the type V visa allows multiple entries into the country.
- If you require a longer stay than initially requested, it is possible to apply for a new courtesy type V Visa as long as the previous one has not expired. The application must be made 15 working days prior to the expiration of the visa. This process can be performed in the country.
- If you have two nationalities, you must enter the country with the passport to which you were granted the courtesy type V Visa. Failure to do so may result in penalties and fines.
- If your visa expires and you have not left the country, a process with Migración Colombia will be generated that will result in fines and restrictions to enter Colombia again.
- If you are a Colombian national, and your passport is valid, you must enter the country with your Colombian passport and do not require a visa.
The following nationalities that require a visa to enter Colombia must apply directly at the nearest Consulate.
If you have any questions about these procedures you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.